Please respect me as an artist and creator by not claiming my photos, content or artwork as your own.
Please do not re-post any part of this blog without consent from the author.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fabric Dreams!

If you know me, you may know that I am seriously obsessed with buying quilting fabric. It's really bad. It's really bad, because I don't buy all of it just to quilt with. I find fabric designs. . . and fabric designers. . . to be unbelievably inspiring. It feeds my creative spirit to gawk and drool over beautiful fabric.

Recently, as I realize that my degree in painting is just about useless on the career front, I have become more and more interested in the notion of designing my own fabric line. It's becoming a dream that I don't just want to stay a dream. I know it would take a lot of hard work and research, but my interest has been sparked.

Even more recently, say in the past week or two, I have realized that I want more than anything to use my inspirations of places I exist in to be my subject matter. For example, should I do a line about Cardiff, the beach, the mountains? I wouldn't want them to be obvious, but subtle influences in a genuine "Taylor Kate" sort of print.

While I keep dreaming and starting to research, I think these ideas will be my focus. I need to go buy a Moleskine notebook.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to buy your fabric!
    In the mean time...Do you think you can help me make some of these? I think it might be fun to have my students put their poems on pillows...
    http://efootprints.com/wp/?p=2324

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! oh my gosh so much fun! you could also get fabric markers and heat set them with an iron so they stay forever(rather than embroidery stitching)! check out www.simplysolidfabric.com and get some white kona cotton. :D (or stop by your local quilt shop) it shouldn't be more than $5 or $6 a yard. :D

    ReplyDelete